The Ubyssey, Vancouver, BC, 2016-Present
- Staff writer responsible for writing articles using information gathered, with editing by the section editor prior to publishing.
- Pitched viable ideas and conducted the in-depth interviews of appropriate sources.
UBC Alzheimer’s Clinic, Vancouver, BC, 2015-2016
- Test supervisor responsible for administering Cognigram test to patients with various levels of dementia severity.
- Gained insight into research conducted in the health field. Acquired strong interpersonal skills to help patients should they become frustrated or agitated.
UBC Social Cognition and Emotion Lab, Vancouver, BC, 2014-2015
- Research assistant responsible for running participants in experiments, collecting and analyzing data.
- Hosted training sessions for new Research Assistants and often developed the study materials to be used (i.e. online surveys).
- Gained in-depth insight into the many different aspects required to run a study through to publication.
UBC Chemistry Outreach Program, Vancouver, BC, 2012-2014
- Performed interactive chemistry experiments to spark interest for chemistry in underprivileged middle school children.
- Learned how to present science in a manner that is interesting and exciting for a wide audience.